Life is a gift of God. Human life is filled with peace and love. Humans are supposed to share this love with many lives that come and go. Be it family, friends, pets, etc., humans share a bond of love with many souls in life. Pets, especially dogs form a major part of human life. They bring a sense of trust, joy, and friendship. However, many times life compels us to take hard decisions. One of them is to see our loved ones suffering in pain. Dogs particularly die a very painful death. Most of the time in their old ages they suffer severe diseases.
This suffering makes their owners take a hard decision called euthanization. Euthanisation helps you put your dog to sleep peacefully. It can be hard, overwhelming, and heartbreaking. Not all have the courage to euthanize a dog they have loved. Euthanisation of a dog is easy but feelings and memories are very tough. If you have the courage to have decided to euthanize a dog, you might be looking out for the estimated cost. How much does it cost to euthanize a dog?
Dog, man’s best friend, is an ideal of true friendship. you come home from work and find them waiting for you right at the door. Looking at you with their bright, popping eyes. They are no less than your own kids. That is why it can be heart-wrenching to euthanize your dog. It is important to make yourself ready both emotionally and financially to go on with the euthanization of your dog. When it comes to financial preparation, this article will help you with the question “how much does it cost to euthanize a dog”.
When Does Euthanasia Of A Dog Become Inevitable?
It is a nightmare, the most dreadful fear to imagine a loved one dying. Death and suffering too are a harsh reality of life. In some situations, euthanization of a dog can be a better option than watching it in pain. Can there be any circumstances where euthanization of a dog be even considered?. Yes! There are situations like:
- In severe and chronic diseases: If your dog is suffering from a disease that is incurable and will certainly result in death, then euthanization can be helpful.
- Pain and Loss of Interest In Old Age: There comes a certain age after which a dog will lose interest in its day-to-day activities. It will actually be unable to perform even basic activities. This is because it is in pain. The door to saving your dog from unbearable pain might take you to euthanization.
Having said that, euthanization of a dog must be taken only under circumstances where there is no other option left. Death is irreversible. You cannot bring back a life that has been left. Before deciding to euthanize a dog, remember you are deciding someone’s life and that someone is your beloved.
How Much Does It Cost To Euthanise A Dog?
If you are emotionally prepared to euthanize your dog, the next step is to look at the financial aspect. Whether you would be able to afford the cost to euthanize a dog or not. It can be pretty costly hence you are advised to plan accordingly.
The average cost of euthanization of a dog is variable. It depends on many factors. These can be whether you are performing the euthanization at home or clinic, at a vet or an NGO, cremation procedures, etc.
- The in-home procedure will help your dog to go to sleep in the comfort of his zone. Being surrounded by a surrounding that is his own, amongst his own people, will save it from panic. The in-home procedure can range from $170 to $450.
- Euthanasia of a dog at the veterinary is taken care of under professionals. Your dog will be under observation and supervision throughout the process. This saves you from being a witness to the act. Euthanasia of a dog at vets can cost $50 to $150. Depending on your vet and the distance between your home and the veterinarian.
- If you look out at NGOs and Anti-Cruelty Societies, the cost can be reduced to a great extent. The average cost can be around $40. However, if the parents cannot afford even this cost, they might also consider flexibility.
- For Post euthanasia procedures, your cost might shoot up. The post procedures can be costly. Burials require a lot of stuff including the casket and the digging. The post procedures of the euthanasia of a dog might cost up to $800.
Losing a pet you have loved like your own kid is devastating. Euthanasia of a dog might be the most testing decision you have ever made. Be cautious and do all the research that you need. It is the question of the life of your dog. Its life is in your hand.